The witnesses, also including government officials and a Bosch executive, will give evidence in hearings running from September to November.
The subpoenaed VW Group executives are:
- Martin Winterkorn, former head of the VW Group
- Rupert Stadler, current Audi CEO
- Jörg Kerner, head of Porsche powertrain development
- Ulrich Hackenberg, former Audi technical director
- Wolfgang Hatz, former Porsche CEO and VW Group engine development boss
- Jens Hadler, former powertrain development boss
- Heinz-Jakob Neußer, former powertrain development boss
- Bernd Gottweis, former quality management chief
- Michael Ganninger, former head of legal affairs
Presiding judge Fabian Reuschle has also contacted head of German parliament Wolfgang Schäuble to inform him of the intention to order various German parliamentary members to give evidence.
Bosch CEO Volkmar Denner is understood to be among those summoned, reports Bild, along with transport minister Andreas Scheuer, former transport minister Peter Ramsauer and head of environmental aid Jürgen Resch. James Liang and Oliver Schmidt, both serving prison sentences in the US for their involvement in the Dieselgate scandal, will also give evidence.