As the new management team behind once-great TVR reveal plans to restore the company to its former glory, here's a brief history of the TVR brand.
1946 - TVR starts life in Blackpool as Trevcar Motors, a car repair and engineering business founded by 23-year-old Trevor Wilkinson.
1947 - Name changed to TVR Engineering.
1949 - TVR builds its first original chassis for TVR One, a car with a 1172cc Ford engine.
Early 1950s - Wilkinson and partner Jack Pickard launch a new chassis. With a glassfibre body, it becomes known as TVR Sports Saloon.
1955-1958 - New semi-spaceframe chassis is produced. It uses a central backbone and has suspension from a VW Beetle. Aluminium-bodied cars sold in the US as Jomars.
1958 - Better-looking fastback-bodied Jomar coupé develops into the first well-known TVR, the Grantura.
1962 - TVR bankrupt after rising costs, expensive race programmes and low sales. Rescued by associate, Grantura Engineering.
1963 - First TVR Griffith, with 4.7-litre Ford V8 and named after US importer Jack Griffith. Instant hit but import problems scupper US operation.
1965 - TVR Trident appears with Ford V8 power and body by Fissore of Italy.
1965-1968 - Martin Lilley takes control and stabilises TVR. Firm benefits from PR-grabbing race wins by Gerry Marshall; launches new Tuscan V8 and four-pot Vixen.