The nose of Vauxhall’s upcoming small SUV has been previewed ahead of its debut this week

The 2017 Vauxhall Crossland X has been previewed in a single image two days before its official debut.

The Vauxhall Crossland X has been revealed - check it out here:

The small SUV will sit below the Mokka X and future Grandland X in Vauxhall’s growing line-up.

The Crossland X has been described as a family-friendly urban vehicle “with enough comfort and performance to cover long distances at the drop of a hat”.

Today’s preview image shows the car’s nose, which bears significant resemblance to the Mokka X. This suggests the other parts of the overall design will take heavy influence from the other crossover.

The Crossland X is expected to come with a familiar range of turbocharged four-cylinder engines, likely shared with the Mokka X. These should include a 1.4-litre petrol and 1.6-litre diesel.

Unlike the larger Mokka X, only two-wheel drive versions of the Crossland X are expected, with six-speed manual and six-speed automatic transmissions available.

Crossland X and Grandland X come as part of five new Vauxhall models, which also include three variants of the new Insignia.

The Grandland X, a rival to the Nissan X-Trail and Skoda Kodiaq, will arrive in the second half of 2017.

Our Verdict

Vauxhall Meriva

The Vauxhall Meriva, with its rear-hinged back doors, is a more mature car than before, but little more innovative

Join the debate

Comments
17

16 January 2017
“...with enough comfort and performance to cover long distances at the drop of a hat.”

Wow! That's quite a claim...if it were 1917, not 2017.

16 January 2017
Quote:

“...with enough comfort and performance to cover long distances at the drop of a hat.”

That is a lie. The seats will make your back ache after an hour. The road and wind noise will have your ears begging for mercy. And you will feel like you had a workout because the woeful body control and suspension slap will cause endless alarm and engagment of fight or flight mode.

16 January 2017
Driven one then obviously??
Sarky traffic cops before speed cameras were invented.......... "Having trouble taking off Wing Commander?"

17 January 2017
winniethewoo wrote:
Quote:

“...with enough comfort and performance to cover long distances at the drop of a hat.”

That is a lie. The seats will make your back ache after an hour. The road and wind noise will have your ears begging for mercy. And you will feel like you had a workout because the woeful body control and suspension slap will cause endless alarm and engagment of fight or flight mode.

And you can tell all this from a single picture of the front fifth of a new car. What are the weekend lottery results?

 

Hydrogen cars just went POP

16 January 2017
Who is Vauxhall employing to come up with these names? 'What are you driving at the moment?' 'I've got a Vauxhall Grandland'. Now try and keep a straight face!

17 January 2017
erly5 wrote:

Who is Vauxhall employing to come up with these names? 'What are you driving at the moment?' 'I've got a Vauxhall Grandland'. Now try and keep a straight face!

That'll be our friends at Opel. Vauxhall get little choice when naming cars these days. I'm blaming Brexit ;-)

16 January 2017
Is this the European version of the Buick Envision? which is built for the US market in China.

16 January 2017
ianp55 wrote:

...which is built for the US market in China.

Does Trump know about this?

16 January 2017
..but he's happy enough knowing all the BMW "X-series" and Merc 4x4s are built in the USA
Sarky traffic cops before speed cameras were invented.......... "Having trouble taking off Wing Commander?"

18 January 2017
Makes you wonder when Trump was giving his ill informed opinions on the Chevrolet Cruze hatchback which accounts for around 3% of Cruze sales in the US market,the remaining 97% of Cruzes are US built in a GM plant in Ohio

Pages

Add your comment

Log in or register to post comments

Find an Autocar car review

Driven this week

  • Lexus LC500
    Car review
    20 October 2017
    Futuristic Lexus LC coupé mixes the latest technology with an old-school atmospheric V8
  • Maserati Levante S GranSport
    First Drive
    20 October 2017
    Get ready to trade in your diesels: Maserati’s luxury SUV finally gets the engine it’s always needed
  • Jaguar XF Sportbrake TDV6
    First Drive
    19 October 2017
    The handsome Jaguar XF Sportbrake exhibits all the hallmarks that makes the saloon great, and with the silky smooth diesel V6 makes it a compelling choice
  • Volkswagen T-Roc TDI
    First Drive
    19 October 2017
    Volkswagen's new compact crossover has the looks, the engineering and the build quality to be a resounding success, but not with this diesel engine
  • BMW M550i
    First Drive
    19 October 2017
    The all-paw M550i is a fast, effortless mile-muncher, but there's a reason why it won't be sold in the UK