Marking the start of a new expansion programme at Jaguar Land Rover, it's also being used to showcase a new aluminium platform which will eventually underpin a whole new generation of cars.
It's an important milesone then, and with that in mind, here's ten things you should know about the new Jaguar C-X17 SUV concept:
1. The sports crossover has a ground clearance of 210mm, uses Jaguar's intelligent All-Wheel Drive system and Torque Vectoring by Braking, which uses the brake system to rebalance engine torque and reduce understeer.
2. Vehicles based on the new aluminium iQ[Al] underpinnings, such as the C-X17, will be designed to accommodate all-new four-cylinder diesel and petrol engines and the proven V6 petrol engine installed in some Jaguar F-type variants. Company chiefs say the new architecture is designed to accommodate all types of hybrids, but not a full electric powertrain.
3. The front grille of the Jaguar C-X17 is inspired by the XJ, while the headlamps are also a nod towards Jaguar saloons. The grille features a hexagonal pattern, with small aluminium panels within its structure that can close to enhance the vehicle's aerodynamic properties.
4. The C-X17 also showcases interior tech such as Interactive Surface Control, a multi-screen infotainment network that links passengers with each other and the outside world through social media channels.
5. The ISC runs the length of the car's centre tunnel, from the centre console of the dashboard through to the rear seats. It is made up of a series of interconnecting touch screens encased in transparent acrylic glass.
6. The C-X17 seats four passengers in individual, free-standing bucket seats. The seating position is relatively low for crossover, giving the occupants a feeling of sitting deep within the cabin.
7. Jaguar designers constructed the interior of the roof from a series of sculpted vanes running from front to rear, closely arranged in parallel and integrated into the header and cant rails. They are shaped to enable as much exterior light to infiltrate the cabin as possible.
8. The boot incorporates two leisure seats that swing up and out of the boot floor for use when the car is stopped and the rear hatch is opened. Accessories such as a torch and a camera are positioned in leather holsters in storage compartments.