Former Renault boss Flavio Briatore and head of engineering Pat Symonds have won a court action in France against motorsport's governing body the FIA over bans from involvement in motor racing.
Briatore and Symonds were told on Tuesday afternoon by the Tribunal de Grande Instance in Paris that the case had been successful.
"The court ruled the sanction was illegal," the judge told the Paris court.
F1's governing body ruled last September that Briatore and Symonds ordered Renault driver Nelson Piquet Jr to deliberately crash his car to help team-mate Fernando Alonso win the Singapore Grand Prix in 2008.
Briatore denied having a role in the scheme and took legal action against the FIA to clear his name. Symonds admitted knowledge of the incident, but contested that his five-year ban from motorsport was too harsh.
"In this case, the FIA has been used as a tool to exact vengeance on behalf of one man," said Briatore.
Briatore had also asked for $1.5 million (£935,000) in damages, but was awarded 15,000 euros (£9350).
The FIA was also ordered to take out adverts in French newspapers saying that its decision to implement bans was wrong.
The FIA's legal team has already told the Reuters news agency that it plans to appeal the Briatore decision.