Lister's heavily modified, £140k F-Pace is set to be the world's fastest SUV, thanks to a 670bhp engine
6 September 2018

The Lister Motor Company has revealed its latest Jaguar-based model: the LFP. Set for release in the next few weeks, it claims to be the world's fastest SUV, with a promised 200mph top speed.

Lister, a historic name from British motorsport that's turned to building bespoke sporting models, has taken a Jaguar F-Pace and heavily modified it, both externally and under the skin. It makes 670bhp from an undisclosed powertrain (thought to be based on Jaguar Land Rover's supercharged V8) and accelerates from 0-62mph in 3.5sec. 

Full details of the car's modifications have yet to be released, but the company claims there is extensive use of carbonfibre to reduce weight and improve handling and performance. The images released appear to be renderings, showing the LFP with a two-tone paintjob and racy bodykit.

Lister is now taking advance orders for the LFP, with pricing estimated at £140,000. While unproven as yet, the model could take the SUV top speed crown from the Lamborghini Urus, which (if Lister's claims are true) is 10mph slower than the LFP.

The company has a long history of modifying Jaguars, with its latest efforts including the LFT-666 coupe, a fettled 666bhp version of the F-Type sports car. Lister is also launching its own tuning division, moving to a dedicated head office in the North West of England. 

 

 

Our Verdict

Jaguar F-Pace 2.0d R-Sport 2016 road test review

Jaguar takes a typically sporting approach with the F-Pace, but it isn't quite enough to better its sibling, the Land Rover Discovery Sport

Find an Autocar car review

Driven this week

Join the debate

Comments
10

6 September 2018

Worth having a look at David Kirkaldy's building with "Facts Not Opinions" above the door.   He was a Victorian engineer who developed test methods so that there could be better understanding of materials of the time, and able to identify why structures such as the Tay Bridge failed.

 

Why is this important to this story?   Because we're not even seeing the car itself.   Do they have one to show?   Can it do what is claimed?   It seems more to be the opinions of Lister than actually evidence based facts.

6 September 2018
Symanski wrote:

Worth having a look at David Kirkaldy's building with "Facts Not Opinions" above the door.   He was a Victorian engineer who developed test methods so that there could be better understanding of materials of the time, and able to identify why structures such as the Tay Bridge failed.

 

Why is this important to this story?   Because we're not even seeing the car itself.   Do they have one to show?   Can it do what is claimed?   It seems more to be the opinions of Lister than actually evidence based facts.

 

Maybe its injectors failed on the way to the photoshoot

6 September 2018
robhardyuk wrote:

Maybe its injectors failed on the way to the photoshoot

 

So you believe the secret engine is a BMW engine then?

 

:-P

Myk

7 September 2018
Symanski wrote:

robhardyuk wrote:

Maybe its injectors failed on the way to the photoshoot

So you believe the secret engine is a BMW engine then?

:-P

Dude, you seriously need to let this drop now.  Managing to shoe-horn a gripe about BMW engines into every story is starting to get boring.

6 September 2018

 Always think there should be test by an independent to verify the claimed figures, when it’s only a concept with fancy graphics which sound amazing, let’s have one Lister!

Peter Cavellini.

6 September 2018

Lister seem to have hi-jacked the Green & Yellow colour scheme from Lotus!!!!!!!

6 September 2018

 Someone correct me if I’m wrong but, I think that was their colours?, Lotus was a lighter shade of Green?

Peter Cavellini.

6 September 2018

It's obviously Harrods colours to go with the Knightsbridge lifestyle!  Soopah!

7 September 2018

at 670bhp, its still nowhere near its limits. A quick search will throw up Paramount performance who offer a fairly cheap (£7500) upgrade to 650bhp.  

Myk

7 September 2018

The Merc-AMG GLE 63S Coupe by Brabus (850hp and 1,069 lb ft) might have something to say about this.

Add your comment

Log in or register to post comments

Find an Autocar car review

Driven this week