Peugeot claimed Le Mans 24 Hours victory with its 908 diesel.
It was the company's third attempt at winning the race with the 908.
Peugeot has taken pole position for the last three years, but it was beaten by the more reliable Audi R10 in both 2007 and 2008.
This year, the 908's superior pace saw off the challenge of the new Audi R15 and David Brabham, Marc Gene and Alexander Wurz in the Peugeot Sport Total team won by a lap from the Team Peugeot Total sister car.
Aston Martin's #007 car was the highest placed petrol car in fourth.
77th Le Mans 24 Hours results:
1. Brabham, Gene and Wurz; Peugeot 908 HDi FAP; 382 laps
2. Bourdais, Montagny and Sarrazin; Peugeot 908 HDi FAP 381 laps
3. Capello, Kristensen and McNish; Audi R15 TDI; 376 laps
4. Charouz, Enge and Mucke; Lola-Aston Martin B09/60; 373 laps
5. Panis, Lapierre and Ayari; Oreca 01-AIM; 370 laps
LMP2: Elgaard, Poulsen and Collard; Porsche RS Spyder; 357 laps
GT1: O'Connell, Magnussen and Garcia; Corvette C6.R; 342 laps
GT2: Melo, Kaffer and Salo; Ferrari F430 GT2; 329 laps