There's plenty to love about the All-New Fiesta ST – Ford's latest evolution of its compact hot hatch. Which is why we decided to take a closer look at what we consider to be the car's seven finest features.
1. Eye-catching looks: Available as a three-door or a five-door, the All-New Fiesta ST builds on the stunning looks of Ford’s all-new hatchback with bold and distinctive performance-inspired features. At the front, there’s a race car-inspired honeycomb mesh grille, while 18-inch alloy wheels are available in a design exclusive to the Fiesta ST, with optional red brake calipers. The sporty body kit is enhanced by the lowered suspension, while twin exhausts cap the rear. As if that wasn’t enough, you can even choose a stunning new exterior paint colour: Ford Performance Blue.
2. A powerful next-gen engine: The All-New Fiesta ST is the first Ford Performance model to use a three-cylinder engine – but this is no ordinary three-cylinder. Thanks to a new lightweight all-aluminium 1.5-litre EcoBoost design, allied to an optimised turbocharger that builds boost pressure faster and minimises lag, it delivers high torque at low revs for more power and faster response. With 197bhp – 19bhp more than on the previous Fiesta ST – and 290Nm of torque, the result is 0-62mph in just 6.7 seconds.
3. User-selectable Drive Modes: The All-New Fiesta ST features user-selectable Drive Modes for the first time. Sport mode sharpens engine mapping and throttle response for a more spirited drive, while the electronic power-assisted steering (EPAS) delivers more feedback and finer control. Track mode tunes the dynamic settings for hard track-based driving. Traction control is disabled, while the electronic stability control (ESC) is set to wide-slip mode. And, for everyday driving, there’s the Normal mode.
4. The right noise to match the drive: When you select the Fiesta ST’s Sport mode, the exhaust’s active noise control valve is opened, and works with the Fiesta ST’s Electronic Sound Enhancement (ESE) to amplify the sound of the three-cylinder engine, providing a more sporty exhaust note inside the cabin.
5. A great interior: Supportive ST-branded Recaro seats and a flat-bottomed steering wheel reinforce the All-New Fiesta ST’s sporty feel, while Ford’s SYNC 3 infotainment system lets you control audio and navigation features – either through the optional 8-inch tablet-inspired touchscreen with pinch and swipe gestures, or by using voice commands. It’s also Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible, letting you connect and control features on selected smartphones.
6. Your Fiesta ST; your way: The All-New Fiesta ST offers more ways for you to personalise your vehicle than ever before. Options include a panoramic glass roof and LED headlights. You can even choose to add a premium B&O Play sound system, should you want a more high-end audio experience.
7. You can add even more performance One of the key selectable options for the All-New Fiesta ST is the Performance Pack. It adds a Quaife limited-slip differential (LSD) to the front wheels – which works with the Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) to enhance traction and reduce understeer during cornering – as well as an optional launch control mode, and shift lights for optimum gear change points.
Find out more about the new Ford Fiesta ST at: https://www.ford.co.uk/future-vehicles/new-fiesta-st