No major firms will be displaying models at this year's Italian motor show
9 October 2009

Organisers of the Bologna motor show in Italy have vowed to carry on with hosting the show, despite there being no major manufacturers exhibiting.

Fiat pulled out of its home show on 22 September and all remaining manufacturers had followed suit by 2 October.

Giada Michetti, from the show’s organisers Promotor International, said: “On October 2, the largest part of the foreign automakers that had previously said they would participate in the show canceled their participation.”

Last month’s Frankfurt motor show wasn’t attended by firms including Honda, Nissan and Mitsubishi, while the only non-native manufacturers at Tokyo will be Caterham, Lotus and Alpina. Next year’s British motor show has also been cancelled.

The Bologna show has been cut from nine to five days and will now feature auto exhibits and competitions, including an exhibition of Ferrari’s Formula One car.

Twitter - follow all the latest Fiat reviews, news and video

Add your comment

Log in or register to post comments

Find an Autocar car review

Driven this week

  • BMW i3s
    Car review
    20 March 2018
    Revised hatchback sets out its range-extended electric stall in a new, sportier tune
  • BMW X2
    This is the new BMW X2
    First Drive
    20 March 2018
    Doesn’t deliver many typical crossover selling points but looks perky, handles keenly and is well capable of winning over your latent cynic
  • First Drive
    20 March 2018
    The newest version of Rolls-Royce's flagship model sets new standards for opulence and luxury whether you're driving it or being driven in it
  • Used BMW M135i
    First Drive
    20 March 2018
    We have bought a used BMW M135i to see how far we can improve this rear-wheel-drive hot hatch
  • Mercedes-Benz E-Class Estate
    First Drive
    19 March 2018
    The Mercedes-Benz E-Class could be all the estate car you’ll ever want — or it could be overkill. Let’s see which...