Land Rover’s DC100 concepts have obviously caught your attention. On top of the staggering amount of site traffic through the LR news stories and pictures, we asked if any of you wanted to judge the cars on a few simple criteria.
The answer was a resounding ‘yes’. Over 48 hours more than 1200 of you voted in our survey, assessing these five criteria: Off-road potential?, Street cred?, Everyday usability?, Design and styling, and ?Suitability as a Defender replacement.
Here are the results, which I’d say confirm that Land Rover has set off in exactly the right direction, even if it hasn’t yet arrived at the destination.
Of the 1200 who completed the survey, 150 currently owned a Land Rover, and a further 150 had run one in the past (a tick in that box for me).
And here’s a selection of a few of the comments you added to the form:
- Basic outline and shape ok. Its just the details need to be more basic. And definitely needs chequer plate on the front wings to put a mug of tea while reading maps etc
- I would have preferred to see a more 'bluff' front end treatment; when driving off-road it is imperative that you can place the corners of the vehicle with confidence, I'm not convinced the design allows that from the driving seat.
- Great styling, but too precious to take off road.
- They should have a 110 County version, offering a bit more comfort and luxury, as a replacement for the Discovery. It also needs a decent auto 'box.
- Both concepts look fantastic, but must be hard wearing for every day use
- The design is too effeminate, and insufficently utilitarian
- With sensible wheels the DC100 is a fantastic modern interperetation of a Defender 90SW.
- Looks great. Let’s see it in the showrooms as it is.
- Leave some of the overstyled parts (eg headlights) off. There’s nothing cooler than form following function.
- Make sure Victoria Beckham stays away from it.
We've sent the results to Land Rover and they've promised to get back to us with design director Gerry McGovern's comments as soon as possible. We'll keep you posted.