Currently reading: Ford Kuga: here in June, £20,495
All the pics and details on Ford’s RAV-4-rivalling SUV

These are the first official pictures of the new Kuga, Ford's forthcoming Focus-based 4x4 which goes on sale in June, from £20,495.It will be launched with just one engine - the 134bhp 2.0-litre diesel, which is coupled to a six-speed manual gearbox and permanent Haldex four-wheel drive system. Ford is claiming the Kuga has best-in-class emissions, at 169g/km, and fuel consumption of 44.1mpg. It’s also maintaining that the Kuga will offer ‘surprisingly good’ off-road ability. Which is a good thing, as the competition at this price is going to be difficult for it to beat. The impressive Honda CRV 2.2 i-CTDi, excellent Toyota RAV4 2.2 D-4D - even the TD4 Land Rover Freelander 2 will be among the cars it has to beat.Inside, the Kuga has fold-flat rear seats, storage areas under those seats and under the boot floor. There is 1355-litres of luggage capacity in it with the rear seats down and 410-litres with the seats up, and a dual-split tailgate makes filling up the space that much easier. Trim levels are kept simple, too, with just two on offer; Zetec and the range-topping Titanium.The Ford Kuga makes its official debut at next month’s Geneva show; watch this space for more information on it on March 4.

Advertisement

Read our review

Car review

The second-generation Ford Kuga sports an American facelift, new trims and added equipment, doesn't detract it from still being one of the more athletic SUVs on sale

Join the debate

Comments
Add a comment…
Berol 24 August 2008

Re: Ford Kuga: on sale in June at £20,495

The first post wondered about its name.

If Ford had called it TWOT then thousands of people would have been able to buy a car named after them.

Just like they did with the Pajero,which,in Spic slang, means Wanker.

I have to concede,not everyone can be satisfied by a BMW 3 series variant.

Some may need a five or a one,and I can easily see a case for a Mondeo estate,but only with a 2.2 engine until the 3litre V6 appears.Deisel,obviously.

If you can afford a Bentley you are entitled to drive what you like,you've earned the right.

I know what it cost you and I'm not envious.

As for those who think they need Koogaas,or whatever the stupid things are called,may I cordially recommend professional help before its too late?

robin

hurricaneone 5 August 2008

Jon Hardcastle wrote:
Can't blame Ford for wanting to cash in, but surely the best way would be to offer something that looks really different, instead of a CRV on steroids.

The Kuga is the same size as a Qashquai, which are summarily dwarfed by my 2008 CR-V when sitting next to them in traffic.

Mad Max 15 July 2008

Has anyone seen one on the road? I've seen one and it looked smart I must say. Unfortunatley these sort of cars in the current climate are becoming about as popular as a STD. Buy a Mondeo if you are set on Ford, wait for Insignia if you're not.

If you must have SUV go for late plate CRV - they can't give them away at the moment!